An email that is forwarded as an attachment includes everything from the full email, such as the header and routing information, not just the message content. This information can be vitally important when troubleshooting a problem or reporting a suspicious email. Here’s how to forward an email as an attachment in Outlook.
Forward Email as an Attachment
There may be times when you want to forward an incoming email to someone as an attachment so that they know you haven’t edited the message. Or you may want to attach an email to the message to send them a record of a conversation.
For Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Outlook for Office 365
- Select the email you want to forward, then go to the Home tab.
2. In the Respond group, select More Respond Actions. In Outlook 2010, select More
3. Select Forward as Attachment.
4. In the To text box, enter the email address of the recipient. In the body of the email, explain why you are forwarding the email as an attachment.
5. Send email
FOR OUTLOOK 2007 AND 2003
1. Select the email you want to forward as an attachment.
1. Select Actions > Forward as Attachment.
2. A new forwarding message opens and the selected email is attached.Enter the address of the recipient, the message and hit send button to send the email as attachment.