Do you feel like your energy and time is being drained by emails? You can take control of your mailbox and be a master of efficiency. Here are some simple tips that will make it easy to manage your email process:
- Prioritize, group, sort and file messages using labels and folders to keep your inbox organized with relation to the key aspects of your business. This will make it easier to locate specific emails when you need them.
- Newsletters and advertisements can overwhelm your inbox and bury important messages. Unsubscribe from receiving messages from specific senders if you no longer want to receive their emails.
- Unless your work or organization relies on emails, don’t leave your email program open all day long. Schedule specific blocks of time throughout the day for checking your email.
- E-mail programs have a preview feature which gives a sneak peek at the first few lines of a message, you won’t have to open an e-mail to read it and you can delete junk instantly. This reduces your chances of opening a message with a virus attached and also gives you ample time to respond to important mails.
- A lot of email comes from people copying others. Little discretion is used when considering whom to copy. Request them to drop you off the list if no longer interested or necessary.
It is never too late to take control of your inbox.